Sika adheres to United Nations Global Compact
In 2009 Sika AG has been added to the UN Global Compact register of participants and is now an active part of the worldwide corporate responsibility initiative. Management and employees are committed to making the Global Compact and its principles part of the strategy, culture and day-to-day operations of our company, and to engaging in collaborative projects which advance the broader development goals of the United Nations, particularly the Millennium Development Goals.
The ten principles of the UN Global Compact
Sika embraces, supports and enacts a set of core values in the areas of human rights, labor standards, the environment and anti-corruption.
1. Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
2. make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
3. Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
4. the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor
5. the effective abolition of child labor; and
6. the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
7. Businesses are asked to support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
8. undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
9. encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
10. Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.