The key to durable concrete production is the selection of quality constituent materials brought together in a dense cement matrix.
This is achieved by:
- Reducing the water/cement ratio
- High consistence with a good flowability in order to fill even intricate formwork
- Proper curing which starts as soon as possible and which is maintained for a sufficient period
With the extraordinary superplasticising capabilities of Sika® ViscoCrete®
technology, it is possible to reduce the water content of the concrete significantly and extend its flowability.
Depending on the exposure conditions of the concrete, further improvements in
durability can be obtained with the addition of:
- Sika® Control®-40 for the minimisation of shrinkage
- Sika® AER to ensure a defined amount of artificially entrained air voids, for increased frost and freeze/thaw resistance
- SikaCrete® silicafume to improve the density of the matrix and the bond between the cement matrix and the aggregates
- Sika® FerroGard® as a corrosion inhibitor for reinforcement steel, particularly in marine/chloride environments.
- Sika® Watertight Concrete to ensure that a structure can prevent the ingress of water and even vapour.
Durable Concrete achieved with Sika® Technologies
The durability of the concrete is a particularly important topic when designing
a concrete structure. Sika technologies will ensure the achievement of your
specified placing and performance requirements.
Such high durability concrete is used for the following types of applications
- Dams and watertight structures
- Sewage treatment plants and chemical plants
- Concrete structures with enhanced frost and freeze/thaw resistance such as roads and bridges
Contact Us About Durable Concrete
To contact us about Durable Concrete, please fill in the short form below and a member of our team will be in touch as soon as possible.