The Sika® Carbodur® system is one of the most established and well-proven, carbon-fibre-reinforced polymer (CFRP) based structural strengthening solutions worldwide. It consists of SikaCarbodur® CFRP plates and rods, plus the structural epoxy resin based adhesive Sikadur®-30. This simple and reliable, high performance system is easy to apply and providesoutstanding long-term durability in service.
For strengthening concrete, timber and masonry structures for load increase. Sika CarboDur® plates are bonded onto the structure as external reinforcement using Sikadur-30 structural adhesive. Sika CarboDur® plates are pultruded carbon fibre reinforced polymer (CFRP) laminates.
Sika® CarboDur® S Type - 1.2mm thickness
- S512 (50mm wide)
- S812 (80mm wide)
- S1012 (100mm wide)
- S1512 (150mm wide)
Sika® CarboDur® M Type - 1.4mm thickness
- M614 (60mm wide)
- M914 (90mm wide)
- M1014 (100mm wide)
- M1214 (120mm wide)
Sika® CarboDur® BC Rods
- Circular rods of various diameter (6.0, 8.0, 10.0, 12.0mm)
- Floor slabs and beams, bridges, installation of heavier machinery
- Stabilising vibrating structures.
- Changes of building use
- Damage to structural elements
- Deterioration of original construction materials
- Steel reinforcement corrosion
Characteristics & Advantages
- Non corrosive very high strength, excellent durability, lightweight
- Unlimited lengths, no joints required, low overall thickness, Easy transportation (rolls)
- Simple plate intersections or crossings, very easy to install, especially overhead
- Outstanding fatigue resistance, minimal preparation of plate
- Combinations of high strength and modulus of elasticity available
- Clean edges without exposed fibres thanks to the pultrusion process
Cut to size according parts list in reusable packaging. Supplied in rolls of 250 m in reusable packing boxes.
Ultra High Modulus (UHM) Plate
Use with iron and steel elements.
For further information please contact our Technical department on the form below.
Project Example@ London Underground Tunnel, Embankment
- Sika® CarboDur® UHM