Bitumen Warm Roofs
What is a warm roof?
- In a warm roof the principal insulation is immediately below the roof covering.
- The structural deck, any voids and the ceiling are at a temperature close to that of the building’s interior.
- Condensation control is achieved by using a air & vapour control layer (AVCL) on the warm side of the insulation.
- The amount of insulation should be enough to maintain the AVCL above dewpoint temperature.
- Warm roof voids are not ventilated
- Condensation can be calculated to BS 6229 and BS 5250
SikaBit offers reinforced bituminous membrane systems that are suitable for the waterproofing of new and the refurbishment and upgrading of existing warm flat roofs.