Please contact us for help and advice on choosing the most suitable product solution for your needs
Bonding with Powercure is almost self-explaining and very simple. Nevertheless there are some specialities which need to be followed to achieve best performance and avoid issues.
For glass replacement applications with SikaTack® ELITE the ALL-Black process must be followed.
Please consider the specialities mentioned below in regards to substrate pretreatment.
- Apply Sika® Primer-207 using a brush or dauber, making sure the primer overlaps onto the surrounding intact paint by at least 5 mm.
- Allow to flash-off for at least 3 minutes or until touch dry.
- Sika® Cleaner PCA may be used for the primer application as well.
Under no other circumstances should primers, glass activators, or adhesives be interchanged with different adhesive suppliers. If the installation technician is unable to determine if the primer has been applied by an automotive OEM, Sika recommends that the glass be returned to the distributor.
For plastic windshields and windshields without a ceramic frit, please refer to: PC/PMMA Bonding.
To achieve best performance the use of Sika®Aktivator-309 P in combination with SikaTack® ELITE is recommended. The addition reactive substance support the fast reacting polyurethane and allow ideal conditions to adhere to on state of the art paints technologies as well as remaining PU beads.
- Clean the pinchweld with Sika®Cleaner G+P
- Apply Sika®Aktivator-309 P with a tissue
- No flash off time required
- Apply Sika®Primer-207 for bare metal touch ups
- Flash off 3 minutes
- Apply the adhesive
Sika®Aktivator-309 P must not be used as pre-treatment for glass and ceramic frits. Using it on glass may result in loss of adhesion on the glass and in unsafe glass installation