For the first time since 1948, London hosted the Olympic
Games in 2012. Costing in the region of £496m to build, the Olympic Stadium is
on a peninsula, with waterways on three sides. A 20m-high “wrap” encircled the
900m circumference, decorated with historical sporting champions, participating
countries’ flags and sponsor logos.
- Expansion joints in main stadium:
- Expansion joint widths range from 50mm to 70mm.
- Depth 15mm to 30mm deep. Back seal Fireseal 400 to give the fire rating.
- Top seal Hybriflex SMP to give a tougher seal for extra protection but still giving 25% plus or minus movement accommodation.
- On completion of the joints a movement plate will be placed over the top of the joint as joints of this size can not take foot traffic.
- There are 1100mtrs of expansion joint to fill totalling 2200mtrs all