Intensive Green Roof
An intensive green roof is designed to include a thicker layer of substrate to support deeper rooting vegetation like turf and different varieties of shrubs and in some circumstances trees. A Biodiverse type of green, brown or ‘living’ roof, replicates as closely as is practical the ecological environment of the site where construction has taken place or sets out to create a natural habitat to support a variety of plants, birds, animals and invertebrates.
- Greater variety of vegetation
- Hard and soft landscaping
- Requires regular maintenance and irrigation
- Suitable for recreational activities
- Heavier than other types of green roof – almost always concrete roof or podium deck
- Soft landscape can retain up to 90% of rainfall
The SikaRoof® Intensive Green Roof System comprises a protection fleece, 40mm drainage board, filter fleece and SikaRoof® Intensive Substrate. The Intensive system is designed for the green roofs where a project requires planting that requires a system with a deeper depth of substrate. This system provides the perfect solution for areas with a mix of hard and soft landscaping, where a recreational and functional space is needed.
System build up:
5. Turf/Planting by others
4. SikaRoof Substrate Intensive UK
3. SikaRoof Filter Fleece F-120 UK
2. SikaRoof Rigid Drainage Layer 40 UK
1. SikaRoof Protection Fleece P-225 UK