Concrete systems contribute to sustainable construction
Durability: More value
Several admixtures will allow for the production of concrete with extended durability in regular circumstances or even in a severe environment.
- Sika® ViscoCrete® minimises porosity in the cement matrix significantly
- Sika® Control AER improves freeze/thaw resistance of concrete
- Sika® Control SRA reduces drying shrinkage of concrete
Source: Less impact
Using alternative of recycled materials in a concrete mix often has a negative impact on the concrete fresh or hardened properties. Admixtures can be used efficiently to counter such effects.
- SikaPlast® or Sika® ViscoCrete® ensure the use of concrete produced with recycled aggregates
- Sika® Stabilizer Pump allows efficient concrete placing with the use of manufactured and recycled aggregates
- SikaRapid® compensates for the loss of early strength by using SCM
Application: More value
The use of the right admixtures allows for the production of specialty concrete, which offer environmentally friendly applications or can be used instead of other building materials (i.e. pervious concrete, insulating concrete).
- Sika® ViscoFlow® Self Compacting Concrete (SCC) enables the reduction of a structure’s dimensions (wall thickness)
- Sika® Stabilizer generates a stable paste layer around the aggregates
- SikaPlast® ensures a high quality paste
Energy: Less impact
A lot of energy is used in the production, placement or curing of cement and concrete. Several admixture and additive solutions allow for a reduction of this process energy.
- Sika® ViscoCrete® or SikaPlast® offset the negative influence on final strength of the cement reduction through water reduction
- SikaGrind® reduces of time to grind cement of a specified fineness
- SikaRapid® allows for a reduction of steam curing in precast element production