UsageDesigned for the protection and decoration to façades of old or new buildings. PAREXAL is also suitable for re-pointing bricks and facing stones, for use as a building mortar and as a weather-proofing masonry and finishing coat.
Advantages• Environmental benefit
• Hydrated lime-rich mortar
25 kg bags
Available in a range of 48 colours.
Sponge/Float Smoothed(1), Trowelled Smooth(1), Fine Scraped, Spray Textured, Smooth Spray Textured.
Associated decorative mineral coverings: CALIDECO*, CALCILANE BADIGEON*, CALCILANE ENDUIT* can be applied to the finish. For additional information refer to the data sheet on Textured Mineral Finishes.
(1)The float/sponge/trowel smoothed finishes may vary in appearance, particularly due to different factors such as the
line and level and condition of the substrate or the appearance of a slurry finish caused by over floating the surface. The latter may produce some micro cracking effect on the render surface which may affect the aesthetical appearance but does not affect its durability.
* Refer to the specific product data sheets
5-5.8 L per 25 kg bag
These values are provided as guidance only and may vary subject to substrate conditions and thickness applied.
- Float Smoothed 21 kg/m2 1.2 – 1.3 m2 @ 15 mm/25 kg bag, 14 kg/m2 1.9 – 2.0 m2 @ 10 mm/25 kg bag
- Scraped 25 kg/m2 1.0 – 1.1 m2 @ 15 mm/25 kg bag, 18 kg/m2 1.4 – 1.5 m2 @ 10 mm/25 kg bag
• Manual application: stainless steel trowel/float.
• Mechanical application
SPRAY RENDER MACHINE
60 m3 per hour minimum
- Substrates must be clean, sound and dust-free.
- Treat capillary rise (for example with 232 PARINJECTION*)
- Check soundness, remove all loose material e.g. paint, thick acrylic coatings, plaster.
- Rake out cracks by 1 to 3 cm. Replace failing materials.
- Spray with water (except earth—based substrates) the day before until saturated, but not so the wall is running with water. Repeat prior to application, ensuring that substrate is wet through.
- For specific preparations, consult Parex® Technical Advice Dept.
- Machine or manual applications.
For joints between bricks and facing masonry.
- Refill joints in one layer of 10 to 30 mm, compacting with a trowel. Brush after drying
Coating onto masonry — thickness 10 to 25 mm.
- For machine applications, spray apply a level, compact single coat to the required thickness then finish as required. For hand applications apply in 2 compact layers, separated by a minimum 4 hour waiting time. The 1st layer is compacted with a notched ruler (Darby) 5 mm above the bare masonry. In order to ensure weatherproofing, the finished coating must be a minimum even thickness of 10 mm.
Coating onto masonry - thickness up to 50 mm.
- Apply in several compact layers to the desired thickness, separated by a minimum 4 hour waiting time, depending on weather conditions and the thickness. The 1st layer is compacted with a notched ruler 5 mm above the bare masonry. For coverings between 25 and 50 mm, attach a suitably approved galvanised (internally only) or stainless steel reinforcement mesh in the top 15 mm finish
Coating on pisé, adobe, witchet, cob, clinker — thickness 10 to 25 mm maximum.
- Apply 1 coat in 2 compact layers according to thickness and appearance of the finish, compacted onto a hardened and rough key coat made of either PAREXAL enhanced with FIXOPIERRE*. Never dampen earth based substrates. Loose or mixed substrates should be strengthened with a flexible, large mesh reinforcement e.g. TV10 mesh.
Coating on masonry covered with plaster or lime based mortars — thickness 10 to 25 mm.
- Rake out joints to 40 to 50 mm. Clean the substrate then attach a large mesh grid of suitably approved galvanised (internally only) or stainless steel reinforcement. Lightly dampen and cover substrate, including into the joints, with GOBETIS SPECIAL A*, sprayed in a thin, rough layer with no surplus. After 24 hours, apply a coat of PAREXAL in 1 or 2 successive layers. In order to ensure weatherproofing, the finished coating must be a minimum even thickness of 10 mm.
Final coat — thickness 5 to 18 mm maximum.
- Apply one compact coat in 1 or 2 layers (apply 2nd layer whilst 1st is still fresh), depending on finish required on to an existing hydraulic coating to weatherproof the masonry.
One coat application
- For one coat applications to new masonry, apply one compact layer to a minimum finished thickness of 15 mm