Sika® FerroGard®-903+ is a surface applied mixed corrosion inhibitor, designed for use as an impregnation of steel reinforced concrete and is an improved formulation of the original Sika® FerroGard®-903.
Sika® FerroGard®-903+ is based on organic compounds. Sika® FerroGard®-903+ penetrates the concrete and forms a protective monomolecular layer on the surface of the reinforcing steel.
Protection with Sika® FerroGard®-903+ delays both the start of corrosion and reduces the corrosion rate. Corrosion protection with Sika® FerroGard®-903+ increases the service and maintenance life cycles by up to 20 years when used as a part of a complete Sika Concrete Repair and Protection System.
- Complies to principle 11 of EN 1504-9 method 11.3 (applying inhibitor to the concrete).
- Does not change the appearance of the concrete structure.
- Does not alter the water vapour diffusion properties of concrete.
- Long term protection and durability.
- Can be applied to the surface of existing repairs and to surrounding areas to prevent the development of incipient anodes.
- Protects both cathodic (principle 9), and anodic (principle 11) zones of reinforcing steel.
- Can be applied where other repair / prevention options are not viable.
- Economic extension of the service life of reinforced concrete structures.
- Easy, economical application, renewable.
- Can be used as part of a simple, yet effective, concrete repair and protection system.
- Penetration depth can be tested on site using the Sika “Qualitative Analysis Test” - refer to your local Technical Service Department for details.