Ground gas and VOC protection
The Sikaplan® VOC gas barrier range of products provide waterproofing, ground gas and VOC protection all in one system. Comprising a pre-applied bonded membrane, post-applied adhered membrane and loose-laid membrane for both ground-level and below-ground applications.
VOC Gas Barrier Membranes
Available system components and accessories
Standards and approvals
Sikaplan® VOC Gas Barriers are extensively tested to withstand the most aggressive of environments, and are approved to the standards below.
- CIRIA C748 – Guidance on the use of plastic membranes as VOC vapour barriers
- BS 8485:2015 + A1:2019 – Code of practice for the design of protective measures for methane and carbon dioxide ground gases for new buildings.
- BR211 (2015) – Radon: Protective measures for new buildings.
- Declaration of Performance (DoP)to EN 13967:2012.
- BBA certificate number 19/5681.
All the products in this range must be welded to provide a watertight and gas-resistant seal. Welding is an essential requirement because hydrocarbons can affect the long-term performance of butyl and bitumen tapes.
In all cases, the installation of Sikaplan® VOC Gas Barrier membranes should be completed by a suitably qualified and accredited installer (NVQ level 2) and independently validated in accordance with CIRIA C735:2014.
If you would like us to recommend a specialist contractor, get in touch by calling 0800 292 2572 or by emailing [email protected].