Net Zero Target and Roadmap
Sustainability has been at the core of Sika’s business ever since. More than ten years ago, the company started to align its sustainability strategy along environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations. Sika commits itself to genuinely sustainable added value along the entire value chain and strives for aligning operations and strategies with the universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption established by the United Nations Global Compact Initiative.
- Since 2010, Sika has been member of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development since 2010 where Sika is for example engaged in fostering the circular economy approach and establishing a common understanding of circularity indicators across industries.
- The company was among the first Swiss companies to report according to the GRI Standards and aligned its strategic sustainability approach to the UN Sustainability Development Goals.
- In 2020, Sika joined the ‘Together for Sustainability’ (TfS) initiative. The organisation aims to improve sustainability practice within the supply chain of the chemicals industry.
- Furthermore, in 2020 Sika started to implement the TCFD recommendations.
- Sustainability is an integral part of the innovation process and development of new products.
To help address the global challenge, Sika is addressing climate change comprehensively in its strategic development. and is working hard to become a net-zero company. We have kicked off projects and initiatives that will lead to the development of the Sika net zero roadmap and the commitment to science-based targets.